Perfect Descent Direct Drive Auto Belay$ 1610.75
About: Perfect Descent Direct Drive Auto Belay
The Direct Drive™ Auto Belay from Perfect Descent Climbing Systems features a sealed casing, industry leading price, and is EN compliant. This model is the ideal auto belay solution for applications where speed is not a factor. The Direct Drive™ is perfect for beginner routes, kid zones, and programmed events. Outfit your operation for less!Budget-friendly:
- Perfect Descent is the cost leader in auto belays and boasts the lowest average cost of ownership over the life of the unit.
- All auto belays require ongoing and scheduled inspection, maintenance, and factory recertification. Perfect Descent Auto Belays feature a 2 year recertification period, resulting in less downtime and lower recertification costs when compared to other auto belays on the market.
- The lightweight and compact design equates to lower shipping costs when returning units for factory authorized service and recertification.
- A growing network of factory authorized service centers makes it quick and simple to keep your units in service and on the wall.
- Perfect Descent Auto Belays are hand built in Colorado, USA, feature a high-grade stainless steel and aluminum housing (no plastic), and are never mass produced.
- Internal components are made of high-quality materials that stand up to repeated use and require little-to-no maintenance.
- All devices go through rigorous quality assurance before shipping and meet global safety standards.
- Perfect Descents are the lightest and most compact modular auto belay on the market, a key feature for easy hauling and mounting.
- The new multi-point installation handle provides flexible mounting options and independent backup eyes.
- All units are sealed for outstanding performance both indoors and outdoors.
- A durable lanyard nozzle with stainless steel insert ensures consistent performance and reduced nozzle wear.
- Easy to replace lanyards take minutes to change and can be performed in the field by the end user.
- Choose from the lanyard length that best meets your needs: 28 ft, 40 ft, or 53 ft (8.5 m, 12.2 m, or 16.1 m).
- High quality nylon webbing is more user-friendly than cable-based systems and doesn’t damage walls.
- The built-in wear indicator takes the guesswork out of knowing when it’s time to replace your lanyard.
- Choose from two 3-stage, swivel carabiner options: aluminum for corrosive environments or to reduce weight and steel alloy for durability. Or choose the Dual Connection option with swivel, nylon Y dogbone tether, and dual aluminum, 2-stage captive pin carabiners.
IMPORTANT: Perfect Descent Auto Belays are designed to be controlled lowering devices used in vertical climbing activities and are not suitable for use in jumping-type activities that create shock loading forces. Repeated shock loading of the device can damage the internal components, and in some cases, may result in the failure of the unit.
- Weight: 29 - 31 lbs (13.1 - 14.1 kg) - weights vary according to lanyard length and carabiner type
- Housing Dimensions: 16 x 9.5 x 7.5 in (40 x 24 x 19 cm)
- Lanyard Retraction Speed: 2 ft/s (0.6 m/s)
- Maximum Descent Rate: 6.6 ft/s (2 m/s)
- Minimum Descent Rate: 1.6 ft/s (0.5 m/s)
- Housing Material(s): Stainless Steel and Aluminum
- Nozzle Material(s): Stainless Steel and Acetal
- Lanyard Material(s): 1 in (2.5 cm) wide Nylon webbing
- Lanyard Breaking Strength: 3,500 lbs (15.6 kN)
- Lanyard Length(s): 28, 40, or 53 ft (8.5, 12.2, or 16.1 m)
- User Weight Range: 25 - 310 lbs (11.5 - 140 kg)
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.4: Safety requirements for assisted-rescue and self rescue systems, subsystems and components
- EN 341: 2011 Class C: Personal protection equipment against falls from height - descender devices
- AS/NZS 1891: Industrial fall-arrest systems and devices - Part 3: Fall arrest devices
- CSA Z259.2.3-99: Descent control devices