Adventure transforms lives and Aerial Adventure Tech (AAT) provides the tools that make adventure possible. The industry's premier online outfitter, AAT features more than 2,800 products backed by our knowledgeable team. We tap into a global network of professional builders and operators working with climbing gyms, ropes courses, adventure parks, zip lines, and canopy tours to test and select the products we sell. Aerial Adventure Tech offers unmatched product selection, insight, information, service and support. Our headquarters in Todd, North Carolina is just 15 minutes from Boone, Appalachian State University, and world class outdoor recreation.
Inside Technical Sales Representative
Pay Range: $27.5k-$30k + commission, cell, computer, bi-weekly bonus
Benefits: Travel Reimbursement, paid vacation, and access to 401K
Location: Headquarters in Todd, North Carolina or Remote
Schedule: Fulltime, 40hrs per week
Report: VP for New Business
Travel: 20% Office: 80%
The Rep will manage sales for products that include equipment management software, continuous life-safety systems, and other similar devices used in the climbing gym and aerial adventure segments. The Rep will be expected to grow sales in each of these product categories and to work with the sales team to cross-sell in related areas. In addition, the sales rep will contribute to quarterly and annual planning, strategy development, and establishment of sales goals. The Rep will work closely with the sales and marketing team and will report to the VP for New Business Development.
• Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, building rapport, providing technical information and explanations, and preparing quotations.
• Fill orders by transferring orders to fulfillment, communicating expected delivery dates, managing backorders and other fulfillment delays.
• Contribute to a collaborative team environment • Establish and maintain positive trust relationships with clients • Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales and service
• Provide timely, accurate, and concise customer and product support
• Become an expert in and understand the application of offered products
• Inform and achieve quarterly and annual sales goals • Inform and contribute to marketing planning activities
• Cross sell products
• Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Education/Experience: Minimum Associate Degree and previous experience with products commonly used in aerial adventure parks and climbing gyms.
• Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal communicator with the ability to read, write and interpret technical documents such as installation, operations, and maintenance instructions and procedures. Equally confident communicating in-person and on the phone. Effectively communicate with peers, customers, and supervisor.
• Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions with the ability to work with spreadsheets and calculators and to calculate percentages and ratios.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to manage concurrent tasks while staying attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business. Strong team player who can also take initiative independent of direct supervision.
• Physical Demands: In addition to traditional administrative work common to an office environment, Associate will be required to perform strenuous work outdoors and at height. At times, Associate will be required to wear a safety harness and other personal protective equipment in the performance of duties. Participation in activities that use and demonstration of freefall devices and belay systems is required. Involves lifting loads of at least 30lbs.
• Other Skills: A sharp and quick learner that is enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a strong desire to work in the outdoor industry. General understanding of the principles of sales.
Interested applicants should email materials to email@example.com. Include your resume along with the name and contact of three references as well as a cover letter.