Why We Like It
About: CMI - Ultra Brake Block
Crafted from an ultra high strength polymer designed to outwear some metals, nylons, and urethane. Designed for hard use and maximum UV resistance, the material has a low friction coefficient and is self-lubricating with a non-adherent surface. It's black color blends in with forest surroundings and galvanized hardware prevents rust for a long lifetime. Available in two different sizes to accommodate a wide range of cables.
- Mounts around the cable and attaches to a static point with a bungee cord (not included). This brake block is sold as a component to an integrated braking system. It is designed to be used as part of a gravity based brake system and be attached to a shock cord. It should never be used alone or without a backup emergency brake in the event of a failure. There are two eyebolts installed in this block. One should be rigged to take the impact from the rider. The second should be connected to the first with a slack tether.
- Size: 8.25 inches (21 cm) x 3.375 inches (9 cm)
- Weight: 5.90 pounds (2 kg)
- Cable Capacity: 3/8 to 1/2 inches
- Size: 8.25 inches (21 cm) x 4.00 inches (10.16 cm)
- Weight: 6.50 pounds (2 kg)
- Cable Capacity: 5/8 to 7/8 inches
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.