About: DEUS - 3700 Descent Control Device
The DEUS 3700 is a lightweight, safe and easy-to-use tool for personal escape, self-rescue, assisted rescue, travel restraint and more. Third-party tested and certified to ANSI Z359.4-2007, CSA Z259.2.3 Type 1, Class B, and EN341:2011 Type 1, Class B standards, the 3700 helps employers meet the OSHA requirement for prompt rescue while reducing the risk of suspension trauma for the worker. It's designed for descents up to 590 feet (180 m) at a maximum descent rate of 2 meters/second.
Like other DEUS 3000 Series controlled descent devices, the DEUS 3700 operates hands-free both stop and go, with a speed control dial to control descent with just two fingers. It features redundant brakes and speed-limiting technology to guard against free fall, but the brakes in the DEUS 3700 are larger, providing more rigorous speed control to meet ANSI standard Z359. The 3700 works in both directions so multiple people can descend one after another, and ropes can be replaced so it's cost-effective and versatile. It's also lightweight and compact enough to be carried with you all the time, giving workers at heights the means to rescue themselves and others when things go wrong - no waiting to be rescued, no reallocating other resources to their rescue, less risk of injury, less downtime...all adding up to a safer, healthier, more productive workforce.
The DEUS 3700 works with DEUS PTT24-FR 8 mm fire-resistant Poly/Technora rescue rope.
- Height: 180 m (590 feet) max
- Load Rating:
- ANSI: 140 kg (310 pounds) max
- CSA and EN: 125 kg (275 pounds)
- max 2-person when operated manually
- Descent Rate: 2 m/sec (6.6 ft/sec) max
- Weight: 1.3 kg (2.8 pounds) plus rope
- Dimensions: 13 x 9 x 6 cm (5.3 x 3.5 x 2.2 inches)
- Temp. Rating: -20Á C (-4Á F)
- Operation: Hands-free or manual
- Construction: Aluminum, stainless steel, titanium and brass
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- ANSI Z359.4-2007
- CSA Z259.2.3 Type 1, Class B
- EN341:2011 Type 1, Class B
- NFPA 1983 (12ED) "Escape"
- Helps meet OSHA requirements