Why We Like It
About: Petzl - Sm'D Carabiner
Sm'D is a D-shaped locking carabiner that is lightweight, and compact, and can be used in numerous situations; it is easy to manipulate, even when wearing gloves, and is available in three locking system versions.Great versatility:
- D shape guarantees efficiency in any situation, thus responding to multiple uses: connection to a belay system to a pulley, or to the end of a lanyard...
- Compact and very lightweight
- D shape for good handling
- H profile contributes to better grip when wearing gloves
- Keylock system to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- Hole allows a TIBLOC or a MICRO TRAXION to be connected to the carabiner with a cord, making these devices loss-proof
- SCREW-LOCK: easy-to-open system, locking or not, according to the need of the user. The red band provides a visual warning when the carabiner is unlocked. This system is suitable for difficult environments where contaminants (mud, ice) could cause an automatic locking system to jam.
- TRIACT-LOCK: automatic locking with triple-action gate opening
- TWIST-LOCK: specific use when quick opening is key (e.g. at the end of a lanyard) and when connecting a GRIGRI to the harness
- Material(s): Aluminum
- CE EN 12275
|References||M39A SL||M39A SLN||M39A TL||M39A TLN||M39A RL|
|Weight||45 g||45 g||55 g||55 g||51 g|
|Major axis strength||22 kN||22 kN||22 kN||22 kN||22 kN|
|Minor axis strength||8 kN||8 kN||8 kN||8 kN||8 kN|
|Open gate strength||7 kN||7 kN||7 kN||7 kN||7 kN|
|Gate opening||20 mm||20 mm||18 mm||18 mm||20 mm|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years||3 years||3 years||3 years|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.