Why We Like It
About: Training Wheels - Leadership Thumball
Here is another unique tool designed by Training Wheels. The Leadership Thumball was designed to help organizations and individuals reflect and share thoughts about their leadership. There are 32 different leadership questions pre-printed on the panels of the ball.
Be creative and avoid one-word answers. Expand on your answer as often as you can. Allow one question to lead into full-blown conversations.
Icebreaker: Invite each participant to find a partner. Toss the ball to one participant and ask them to announce the question under their thumb. Have each pair share their response to the question announced. After a few minutes of discussion time, toss the ball to a new participant and repeat the process. Encourage 3-4 discussion questions.
Leadership Discussions: Invite participants to get into a circle. Ask participants to toss the Thumball to another participant. This person should catch it, look under their thumb and respond to the question found there. We recommend one Leadership Thumball for every 10 participants.
Journaling: There are 32 questions on the ball. Pick one question each week and spend a minimum of 15 minutes journaling thoughts about your leadership. Keep all of your writings in one location to look back and see how much you grow as a leader over the course of one year.Here are a few examples of questions on the Leadership Thumball:
- Is your ability to lead getting easier or more difficult as you evolve as a leader? Why?
- What are you doing to remain accountable to others as a leader?
- What do you have in common with the leader(s) you most admire?
- As a leader, how do you maintain, or try to maintain, a healthy balance in your life?
- How are you a better leader today than you were a year ago?
- How has being a leader made you a better person?
- Who has been your biggest fan as you evolved into leadership? Please explain.
- What book or books have influenced your leadership abilities/philosophy and in what way?
- 32 different leadership questions
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.